Ever wondered how to make hanging mason jar lanterns? Want to light up your reception space with jar lanterns but you aren’t sure how to make them secure enough for hanging? Today, we’re showing you the easiest way to make hanging mason jar lanterns on how to make hanging mason jar lanterns that are both secure and easy to DIY… and all it takes is a few simple supplies! Read on to find out more…
HOW TO MAKE HANGING MASON JAR LANTERNS
To make hanging mason jar lanterns, you’ll need the following:
– mason jars (preferably with 2.25″ opening) which can be bought at a local grocery store or here
– mason jar lantern kits (by midwest finds) – 3 sets for $10
– long burning votive candles OR LED votives
– vase filler: consider sand, water beads, colorful ice rock gems, seashells, or clear ice gems
1. Secure wire lantern kit + chain to top of jar
2. Fill 1/3 of jar with vase filler of your choice
3. Place candle on top of vase filler
4. Hang lantern at wedding reception or line pathways to light up the night
EB TIP: If your budget allows, make extra jars (non-hanging) as lanterns and add tags to give away as wedding favors. Guests will love ’em!
Alternate: Day to Night Decor
Fill with water + add flowers of your choice during the day; at night, add a floating candle to the water.